I’ve done something new. I bought Wi-Fi on an airplane. As we speak, I’m sitting on my flight to San Diego, on my way to a work conference. Knowing that I had three hours of alone time/sitting still time, I thought the $6.99 for unlimited WiFi would be worth it to catch up on all the blogs I want to read, clean out my e-mail and just surf. But what I’m noticing is that rather than being efficient, I’m more observant when I have the chance to type out and share my thoughts through stream of consciousness. Be warned, this will be random.
1. Running through the Houston airport is no joke. I’ve run through an airport before trying to catch our flight to our honeymoon, but this time, I was by myself with my bag and my suitcase and I was truckin’ it. Barely made it, found the last possible spot for my carry-on bag up top and hoisted that baby up there (with no help from the 80 jillion strapping young men seated around me thankyouverymuch) just in time to sit down, take a breath and take off.
2. Watching other people on the airplane Wi-Fi is pretty great. Currently, I’m spying shamelessly on a young girl to my left who before we took off opened her Instagram no less than 10 times to look at the same picture, which seems to be a photo of her and her boyfriend. Then, as soon as the pilot let us turn on laptops, she was on Facebook in an instant, chatting with probably the same long lost love, while strategically combing through her hair finding split ends and tagging her Delta Gamma sorority photos from the weekend. #stalker
3. ALWAYS PACK A SNACK. Because of the drama mentioned in #1, I have no dinner. I have Cheez-its and that’s it. I’m not really sure what I’m going to do, these poor people don’t know me when I’m hangry.
4. I’m also judging everyone’s outfit. I’ve seen socks with flip flops, a full length trench coat on a woman that made me wonder if she had anything on under it and several girls who wear tights as pants, WHICH. IS. NOT. A. THING. girls.
5. I’ve had an empty seat on both flights. Do I smell that bad?
6. I miss Audrey.
7. I miss Jason.
8. I’m hungry.
9. OK, now my stalker friend has her personal Facebook page open and I think she is admiring herself over and over again. while eating a Subway sandwich. Maybe she will give me a bite? I’ll tell her she’s pretty and that her hair is golden and flowing like the wind devoid of any split ends.
10. I’m missing the premiere of Walking Dead. Sad face.
11. Wi Fi on a plane is AWESOME. Welcome to my brain, folks.
Cheers to you all. I’ll be in California all week learning how to be a kick-ass marketing + communication professional, and maybe doing a little shopping 🙂