If you couldn’t tell already from all the Facebook posts exclaiming “I CAN’T BELIEVE IT’S ALREADY AUGUST, AHHH!!” Summer is drawing to a close, and my daily life is changing again. So, in true “back to school” fashion, here is my “What I Did This Summer” essay…in blog form.
It’s a timely post, being that it will probably be the last summer of its kind, on break from school, part-time work and more time on my hands that I know what to do with. I tried to make it as productive as possible, so let’s review, shall we?
What I Did:
Spent time with some of the best people I know.
Hung out with my two favorite guys.
Did a few cool things along the way…
And even though I didn’t get through full stack of books to read this summer, I read…ALOT. And that was great.
What I Learned:
1. I’m worth every penny (and probably more) someone will pay me to work in marketing, pr, advertising, etc. (ahem…so hire me in a year!)
2. I’m a great cab/taxi driver. I can take someone to the airport like a pro.
3. Even five, small homegrown tomatoes are better than 50 store bought tomatoes.
4. I’m better at being busy.
5. Memories are like my drug. I can’t break my nostalgic tendencies…so I make arts and crafts out of them!
I’m looking forward to a new Fall, a new semester, a start of a new year. But I sure have enjoyed this quiet, soothing Summer.