I guess we can label this post “Variation on a Theme” Recipe.
Remember a while ago I posted the shrimp tostadas recipe? Well, here’s another great shrimp tostada recipe I tried tonight! It’s a variation on this Martha Stewart recipe, but I twisted to fit my tastes. Enjoy!
Zucchini and Shrimp Tostadas
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas (8-inch) – I used spinach tortillas – delicious!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place tortillas on two large baking sheets. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and tortillas are crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add shrimp and cook, until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. In a separate grill pan, grill zucchini until brown on both sides (about 5-7 minutes). When the zucchini are done, transfer to paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
Take crispy tostada. Spoon shrimp, zucchini and tomatoes onto tostada. Add sour cream or any other toppings you’d like!